Principal - Jenny co-founded Progressive Promotions in 2004 after honing her communications and advocacy skills at places like JVA Consulting, NARAL Pro-Choice Colorado and Friends of the National Zoo. She believes in Margaret Mead’s famous quote – and lives it every day: “Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
But don’t think she’s a humorless do-gooder…most of the time you’ll find her with a big smile and an even bigger laugh!
From Washington, D.C. to Denver, Jenny served in roles like political director, field director, coalition chair, public education program manager, statewide organizer and consultant for nonprofits and government agencies. Her expertise runs the gamut, including strategic communications planning, message development, media relations, digital campaigns and community outreach, having:
- Conducted research for the The Colorado Health Foundation, Women’s Health Foundation, The Colorado Trust and others to develop targeted messaging for marketing and media relations.
- Created comprehensive communication audits and plans for many groups, including El Centro Humanitario, Adams County Youth Initiative and Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains.
- Secured statewide print, radio, TV and online attention for clients like ACLU of Colorado, Colorado Consumer Health Initiative and the Global Campaign for Education.
- Wrote and designed hard-hitting marketing collaterals and websites for groups like Strong Sisters the Bell Policy Center and Great Education Colorado.
- Trained staff and activists at Fight for 15, The Colorado Trust and Campaign for a Strong Colorado in messaging, media outreach and public relations.
- Facilitated strategic communications planning for groups like Padres Unidos, Early Childhood Partnership of Adams County and Project VOYCE..
Jenny earned a Graduate Public Relations Certificate, a Masters in Education and a B.A in English, all at University of Colorado – so she brings a theoretical knowledge of communications and systems change theory to her 25+ years of real-life practice. She is the mom of two amazing teens and lives in northwest Denver where she’s always engaged in community rabble rousing of some sort, at least when she’s not out hiking, biking, skiing and enjoying the Colorado life.