Jenny co-founded Progressive Promotions in 2004 after honing her communications and advocacy skills at places like JVA Consulting, NARAL Pro-Choice Colorado and Friends of the National Zoo. She believes in Margaret Mead’s famous quote – and lives it every day: “Never doubt that a small group of committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.”
But don’t think she’s a humorless do-gooder…most of the time you’ll find her with a big smile and an even bigger laugh!
From Washington, D.C. to Denver, Jenny served in roles like political director, field director, coalition chair, public education program manager, statewide organizer and consultant for nonprofits and government agencies. Her expertise runs the gamut, including strategic communications planning, message development, media relations, digital campaigns and community outreach, having:
- Conducted research for the The Colorado Health Foundation, Women’s Health Foundation, The Colorado Trust and others to develop targeted messaging for marketing and media relations.
- Created comprehensive communication audits and plans for many groups, including Mile High Health Alliance, El Centro Humanitario, Adams County Youth Initiative and Planned Parenthood of the Rocky Mountains.
- Secured statewide print, radio, TV and online attention for clients like Time's Up!, West Denver Renaissance Collaborative, Colorado Consumer Health Initiative and the Global Campaign for Education.
- Wrote and designed hard-hitting marketing collaterals and websites for groups like Good Business Colorado, United for a New Economy, Strong Sisters and Great Education Colorado.
- Trained staff and activists at Yes on 70/Colorado Families for a Fair Wage, Fight for 15 and Campaign for a Strong Colorado in messaging, media outreach and public relations.
- Facilitated strategic communications planning for groups like Padres Unidos, Early Childhood Partnership of Adams County and Project VOYCE.
Jenny earned a Graduate Public Relations Certificate, a Masters in Education and a B.A in English – all at University of Colorado – so she brings a theoretical knowledge of communications and systems change theory to her 25+ years of real-life practice.
Earned Media Work: Message Development, Strategic Planning, Coalition Building, Media Relations, Ballot Measure Communications, Legislative Advocacy Campaign Communications, Press Releases, Press Statements, Press Outreach, Op-Eds & LTE's, Trainings
Outside of Work: Jenny enjoys hiking, biking and cooking for people who love to eat. More than anything, she loves to hang out with her college-age kids John and Sarah, partner Kirk, cat Skye and good friends.
Favorite Spot in Colorado: Collegiate Peaks and Sangre de Cristo mountains (tie)